With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, there’s nothing worse than seeing your loved ones under the weather. If you’re noticing signs of a cold, the Cold-EEZE Cold Remedy team suggests putting together some fun Valentine’s Day-themed care packages to help get those special to you back to feeling like themselves again. Here are some ideas for inspiration:
- A favorite movie: Since they’re going to be stuck at home all day, make sure they have their favorite movie! Even better? A whole movie series to keep the time passing a bit more bearably!
- Slippers: Nothing says “I love you” like warm fuzzy slippers to pamper and protect aching feet from cold winter floors!
- A favorite homemade meal: It’s time to step up your cooking game. Make a Valentine’s Day gift coupon promising to cook them their favorite meal! Make sure to include ingredients like garlic, onions, chili, ginger, honey and lemon, all known to help ease colds!
- Snacks: Include a couple of their favorite snacks. Bonus points for opting for healthier versions to make sure their body remains in top virus-fighting form.
- Gourmet herbal tea: Drinking tea will help them stay hydrated, while also soothing a sore throat. Teas containing elderberry, rose hips, ginger and Echinacea also get bonus points!
- Chocolate: Just because they’re sick doesn’t mean they won’t have V-Day sweet-tooth cravings! Opt for dark chocolate to provide comfort with less sugar and more antioxidants!
- Massage oil: The ideal Valentine’s Day + Sick Day pamper includes a massage that will help them feel so good, they won’t even remember that they’re sick!
- Games: Having a sick little one at home can bring some challenges. But they still need to be entertained. Have items like coloring books, crayons and puzzles on hand for some sick-day fun that doesn’t require much energy.
- A special blanket: They’ll likely need to stay in bed all day so that their body can focus on fighting the virus. A special “sick-day only” soft blanket, in favorite colors or with favorite characters, will help them keep warm and feel comforted!
- A stuffed animal: Stuffed animals are perfect for hugging during nap time and a great companion during sick days. Giving a special one to your child on Valentine’s Day will help them focus on something lovely rather than on being sick and make the memory that much more precious. Just make sure to wash it once your child is well again!
- Healthy treats: Although it’s probably best to stay away from sugar as much as possible when fighting off a virus, that’s no reason not to have fun, delicious Valentine’s Day treats! Try some frozen yogurt raspberries, heart-shaped fruit gummies and, of course, plenty of fluids!
Don’t forget to include a sweet, handwritten card! And as always, make sure to keep Cold-EEZE Cold Remedy products on hand to shorten the duration of a cold. For instance, Cold-EEZE Cold Remedy Plus Natural Multi-Symptom Relief Cold & Flu QuickMelts — formulated with zinc gluconate, elderberry, peppermint and licorice!
What are you including in your Valentine’s Day-themed care packages?