Do you find yourself always sniffling and searching for a Kleenex? Whether you’re battling the onset of a cold or dealing with seasonal allergies, it’s no fun to always have to have a box of tissues on hand. To continue helping our fans find ways to help treat those dreaded common cold symptoms, follow these tips and remedies to combat excessive drainage from your nose:
1. Use Saline Spray: Runny noses and mucus can get extremely annoying, but thinning your mucus can help rid the symptoms. Buy a saline nasal spray or make your own by dissolving ¼ teaspoon of salt in 2 cups of warm distilled water. You can use a suction bulb to put in one nostril at a time and sniff it up. Use as needed and you will be on your way to a speedy recovery.
2. Bedtime Remedy: We all hate sleeping with a runny nose; it’s hard to get comfortable, constantly reaching for a tissue, and arguing with which side to face. Here’s the best position: Prop your head up and elevate about 10 inches to help nasal discharge drain instead of running down your throat resulting in a longer cold.
3. Take a Hot Shower: Inhale the steam while in the shower. The hot steam will unclog your nose and will kill the viruses, causing your sinuses to drain. *Bonus tip: Let your bathroom steam up before hopping in and spend a few minutes loosening up that congestion!
4. Mustard oil: Mustard oil is a simple, yet effective, remedy for getting rid of a runny nose. Take ½ cup boiled vapor water and add 2 tbsp of mustard oil to it. Then inhale the vapor with long breaths. Do it several times throughout the day to clear out your nose.
5. Invest in a Humidifier: If your runny nose is coupled with or turns into congestion, dry air in your bedroom can be culprit, thickening and drying out mucus in your nose and throat. Try a humidifier when you’re sleeping to clear out your sinuses so you can wake up being able to smell the spring flowers bloom!
If you followed these tips and still find you are not feeling well, the very best solution is the one that will shorten the duration of your common cold altogether! As soon as you feel yourself getting a runny or stuffy nose, make sure to begin taking Cold-EEZE Cold Remedy every 2-4 hours and get plenty of rest. Take Cold-EEZE Cold Remedy lozenges, which are Clinically Proven to shorten the duration of the common cold by almost half! Also consider new Cold-EEZE Cold Remedy Plus Natural Immune Support + Natural Energy, formulated with zinc gluconate, rose hips and Echinacea, to shorten the duration of the common cold while providing natural immune support and restoring your energy naturally. If you know of any other helpful ways to ward off a runny nose, make sure you share it with the Cold-EEZE Cold Remedy community by logging on to the Cold-EEZE Cold Remedy Facebook Page or by commenting right here, on the Get Well Faster Blog.