As some of our fans already know, and for those of you who are new to our site, Cold-EEZE Cold Remedy announced a year and a half ago that we would be donating $1,000 to a well-deserving nominated and voted upon local charity every month through our “Share Your Cause, Not Your Cold” contest, hosted exclusively on Facebook.
The Details: Beginning on September 1st 2011, Cold-EEZE Cold Remedy Facebook fans were asked to submit a “Cold-EEZE® Share Your Cause, Not Your Cold” Contest Nomination application, where participants nominated the local charity or “cause” of their choice. Once the nominations for that month were gathered, a panel of judges selected up to five finalists, which were voted on by fans across the nation. The fans had approximately two weeks to vote and a winner was announced at the end of every month.
We received over 200 nominations, raised awareness for about 90 causes and received many thousands of votes from our fans throughout our competition! With so many deserving causes and people working hard every day to improve our world, it was very difficult to pick only 5 finalists each month.
What’d they win? Each month, a new cause won $1,000 from Cold-EEZE® Cold Remedy! In addition, the person who nominated the winning cause received a Flip Camera to film their cause in action to help further awareness.
Who Won? As we nose dive into April, 18 months later, our contest has officially come to an end and we are THRILLED to announce our winners (listed in order from 2011):
(Note that each one is hyperlinked)
* 2011 WINNERS*
• October 2011: LuLu’s Rescue of Point Pleasant, PA
• November 2011: North Clakamas Educational Foundation Back Pack Buddy Program of Clackamas, OR
• December 2011: Hannah’s Home of Mentor, OH
* 2012 WINNERS*
• January 2012: Rusty’s Morningstar Ranch of Corville, AZ
• February 2012: InCOMMON of Omaha, NE
• March 2012: In-Sync Exotics of Wylie, TX
• April 2012: Taylor 4 Teens of Melbourne, FL
• May 2012: Truckers Against Trafficking of Denver, CO
• June 2012: The YouthHope Foundation of Redlands, CA
• July 2012: Rocky Mountain Cancer Assistance of Denver, CO
• August 2012: Wardrobe for Opportunity of Oakland, CA
• September 2012: Sean Casey Animal Rescue of New York, NY
• October 2012: Echoing Hope Ranch of Bisbee, AZ
• November 2012: Blind Sports Organization of Springfield, PA
• December 2012: Sammie’s Friends Animal Shelter of Grass Valley, CA
Congratulations to NOT ONLY our winners, but also a huge congrats to all the finalists and nominees! We are so pleased with the amount of community support that you all brought to the Cold-EEZE Cold Remedy Fan Page, and so happy to have shared this experience with you!
We look forward to holding another contest soon!
If you would like to learn more about “Share Your Cause, Not Your Cold”, please visit our Cold-EEZE Cold Remedy Facebook Page or ask us here on the Get Well Sooner Blog.