Cold-EEZE® Cold Remedy lozenges are one of the best cold remedies to shorten the duration of a cold. Our lozenges have been clinically proven to shorten the duration of the common cold by almost half. The efficacy of our best selling lozenges is backed by double blind placebo controlled studies conducted at both the prestigious Cleveland Clinic and Dartmouth College.
See all of our lozenge flavors!
How Cold-EEZE® Works
Cold-EEZE® is a homeopathic cold remedy made with a unique zinc gluconate formula. Perhaps you’ve heard about zinc gluconate in the health section of your newspaper or seen it on lists of common cold tips on the Internet. Zinc is a micronutrient that’s essential to human health. In a well-formulated cold remedy, zinc gluconate facilitates the effective release of zinc ions which can shorten a cold.
Scientific theory suggests that once a person has been exposed to a cold virus, the virus attaches to receptors in the upper respiratory system and replicates. It’s further believed that zinc ions released into the throat compete for these same receptors and thereby prevent the cold virus from reproducing. The virus dies off faster and the cold ends sooner.
Zinc gluconate is the active ingredient in Cold-EEZE®, the #1 pharmacist recommended zinc cold remedy and the best-selling zinc lozenge. Unlike some other zinc remedies, the Cold-EEZE® unique zinc gluconate formula does not contain additives that might interfere with the release of zinc ions. Cold-EEZE® zinc gluconate cold remedy is free of artificial colors or preservatives.
Although the precise mechanism by which zinc ions interfere with the cold virus has not been scientifically established, several scientific studies suggest zinc ions inhibit the common cold virus' ability to replicate.
Prasad AS, Beck FWJ, Bao B, Snell D, Fitzgerald JT. Duration and severity of symptoms and level of plasma Interleukin-1 receptor antagonist, soluble tumor necrosis factor receptor, and adhesion molecules in patients with common cold treated with zinc acetate. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2008; 197:795-802.
Novick SG, Godfrey JC, Godfrey NJ, Wilder HR. How does zinc modify the common cold? Clinical observations and implications regarding mechanisms of action. Medical Hypotheses 1996; 46:295–302.
Proven to Work: Cold-EEZE® in Clinical Studies and Related Scientific Studies
You don't have to take our work for it! Cold-EEZE® is backed by published, peer-reviewed clinical studies that show the powerful and safe effects of its unique formula.
Cold-EEZE® lozenges are proven to shorten the duration of the common cold by the Cleveland Clinic (1996) and Dartmouth College (1992) studies. You can view and download these and other studies below!
Cleveland Clinic Study (1996) - View/Download
Dartmouth College Study (1992) - View/Download
View Additional Studies
For Best Results:
- Start taking Cold-EEZE® whenever you start to feel cold symptoms and take up to 6 lozenges daily until all symptoms are gone.
- Completely dissolve a Cold-EEZE® lozenge in your mouth. Do not chew. Repeat every 2 to 4 hours as needed.
- The recommended daily dosage is 6 lozenges per day, which means an 18 count bag/box is a 3-day supply of Cold-EEZE® for adults.
- Children 12-17 can take 4 lozenges per day.
- Consult your healthcare professional before giving Cold-EEZE® to children under 12 years of age.
- Cold-EEZE® is safe to take with most other medications including other symptom relievers.
- Do not take Cold-EEZE® on an empty stomach to avoid possible minor stomach upset.
- Do not eat or drink for 15 minutes after use.
- Zinc may interfere with the absorption of minocycline, doxycycline, tetracycline as well as Coumadin. If you’re taking one of these medicines, consult with your physician prior to using Cold-EEZE®.
- Clinical studies demonstrated that results will vary but that on average, Cold-EEZE® lozenges will shorten your cold by almost half. As a consumer, if you are not satisfied with the results from taking Cold-EEZE®, please contact us to receive a full refund of your purchase price.
- Stop use and ask your healthcare practitioner if symptoms persist beyond 7 days.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.