Cold vs Allergies: How Can You Tell?
Stuffy nose, sneezing, sore throat… all tell-tale signs that you are about to come down with the common cold — or are they? What’s really behind your symptoms: a summer cold or that pesky seasonal allergy? The two dreaded ailments of summer unfortunately share similar symptoms.
We put together a handy infographic, below, which you can use to compare your symptoms, properly treat what’s causing your discomfort and steer clear of an escalated illness!
Do You Have a Summer Cold or Seasonal Allergies?
If you have seasonal allergies, try the following:
- Avoid going out early morning/ late afternoon
- Wash clothes that you wore outside
- Take a shower before going to bed
If you find that you have a summer cold, don’t despair! Follow these tips and you will be back to enjoying your favorite summer activities in no time!
- Start taking a product with zinc gluconate to shorten your cold
- Wash your hands often, for at least 20 seconds
- Get lots of rest, fluids and a balanced diet
And if you do, in fact, have cold symptoms, make sure you try our Cold-EEZE® Cold Remedy Lozenges, which are clinically proven to shorten the duration of the common cold by almost half!