Treatments for a Cold
The Natural Treatments for a Cold
We're all familiar with the standard over-the-counter treatments for a cold – the decongestants, expectorants, cough drops, and so on. There are lesser-known treatments for a cold, however, that work well without having the adverse side effects associated with some medications. Here are some good tips for how to remedy a cold naturally and safely:
- Zinc gluconate. Medical research has shown that a well-formulated zinc gluconate cold remedy can shorten the length of a cold.*
- Garlic. There aren't many treatments for a cold that taste good, but this is one of them – add freshly chopped garlic to sauces and foods to take advantage of garlic's powerful antiviral and antibacterial properties.
- Cayenne pepper. Want to know how to treat a cold with spice? Mix a bit of dried cayenne pepper powder into a broth to clear up congested sinuses and improve your circulation.
- Ginger. Ginger tea can ease inflammation and help you rest.
- Salt water. Gargle with warm salt water to soothe a sore throat and flush out irritants.
Among these natural cold remedies that work, zinc gluconate stands out for its ability to reduce the duration of a cold. Since the particular formula used in zinc-based treatments for a cold can significantly impact effectiveness, be sure to choose your remedy carefully.*
Cold-EEZE Cold Remedy: The Right Way to Take Zinc for Colds
Cold-EEZE lozenges are the #1 pharmacist-recommended cold remedy. Unlike some other zinc treatments for a cold, Cold-EEZE does not contain additives that can interfere with the cold-fighting power of zinc. Cold-EEZE lozenges' effectiveness as a treatment for a cold has been clinically proven. In double-blind, placebo-controlled studies at Dartmouth College and the Cleveland Clinic, the zinc gluconate formula used in Cold-EEZE was found to reduce the duration of patients' colds by 42%.*
Effectively Combining Treatments for a Cold
Because there are so many common cold causes, we're bound to get sick sometimes despite our best efforts at cold prevention. When that happens, try using natural treatments for a cold, like garlic and cayenne pepper, to ease your symptoms while also taking Cold-EEZE Cold Remedy so you can get over your cold more quickly.*
Cold-EEZE Cold Remedy. Shorten your Cold! Don't Just Treat your Symptoms.
Although the precise mechanism by which zinc ions interfere with the cold virus has not been scientifically established, several scientific studies suggest zinc ions inhibit the common cold virus' ability to replicate. For more information, click here.