Natural Treatments for a Cold
We’re all familiar with the standard over-the-counter treatments for a cold – the decongestants, expectorants, cough drops, and so on. There are lesser-known treatments for a cold, however, that work well without having the adverse side effects associated with some medications. Here are some good tips for how to remedy a cold naturally and safely:
- Zinc gluconate. Medical research has shown that a well-formulated zinc gluconate cold remedy can shorten the length of a cold.*
- Garlic. There aren’t many treatments for a cold that taste good, but this is one of them – add freshly chopped garlic to sauces and foods to take advantage of garlic’s powerful antiviral and antibacterial properties.
- Cayenne pepper. Want to know how to treat a cold with spice? Mix a bit of dried cayenne pepper powder into a broth to clear up congested sinuses and improve your circulation.
- Ginger. Ginger tea can ease inflammation and help you rest.
- Salt water. Gargle with warm salt water to soothe a sore throat and flush out irritants.
Among these natural cold remedies that work, zinc gluconate stands out for its ability to reduce the duration of a cold. Since the particular formula used in zinc-based treatments for a cold can significantly impact effectiveness, be sure to choose your remedy carefully.*
Cold-EEZE® Cold Remedy: Shorten Your Cold
Cold-EEZE® lozenges are the #1 pharmacist-recommended zinc cold remedy**. Unlike some other zinc treatments for a cold, Cold-EEZE® does not contain additives that can interfere with the cold-fighting power of zinc. Cold-EEZE® lozenges’ effectiveness as a treatment for a cold has been clinically proven. In double-blind, placebo-controlled studies at Dartmouth College and the Cleveland Clinic, the zinc gluconate formula used in Cold-EEZE® was found to reduce the duration of patients’ colds by almost half.*
Effectively Combining Treatments for a Cold
Because there are so many common cold causes, we’re bound to get sick sometimes despite our best efforts at cold prevention. When that happens, try using natural treatments for a cold, like garlic and cayenne pepper, to ease your symptoms while also taking Cold-EEZE® Cold Remedy to shorten your cold.
Find a store near you that carries Cold-EEZE®, or stock up on Cold-EEZE® from our online store (free shipping on all orders over $25) so you’re prepared the next time you or a loved one catches a cold.
Cold-EEZE® Cold Remedy. Shorten your Cold!
Cleveland Clinic (1996) and Dartmouth College (1992) studies demonstrate that Cold-EEZE® lozenges shorten the duration of the common cold. For more information, click here.
**Based on the 2015 OTC Guide