Zinc Cold Medicine
How to Choose a Zinc Cold Medicine
With the evidence piling up about zinc's ability to shorten colds, cold sufferers are increasingly turning to zinc cold medicine for relief. How do you choose a particular zinc cold medicine from among the several that are available? Here are a few important things to keep in mind when selecting a zinc cold medicine:
- Formula quality. Look for a zinc cold remedy with minimal additives, since additives such as artificial colors or preservatives can block the release of zinc ions and lessen the effectiveness of the remedy. As a recent continuing education activity in Pharmacy Times observed, "many zinc products are fraught with an underlying problem: the lack of zinc ion availability" due to additive-laden formulations. *
- Proof of effectiveness. Can the makers of the zinc cold medicine cite credible proof of effectiveness?
- Pharmacist recommendations. Pharmacists are well-positioned to know about cold remedies that work. What zinc cold medicine do pharmacists recommend?
- Popularity among cold sufferers. When other consumers take zinc for colds, which remedy do they most often choose?
Why Cold-EEZE Cold Remedy Should Be Your Choice for Zinc Cold MedicineWhen you look at the important considerations about zinc cold medicine, Cold-EEZE Cold Remedy stands out as the clear choice:
- Cold-EEZE is a homeopathic cold remedy made with zinc gluconate. What is zinc gluconate? It's a compound that, when taken orally, effectively releases cold-fighting zinc ions which are absorbed by your upper respiratory system. The Cold-EEZE unique zinc gluconate formula uses no artificial colors or preservatives that could block the release of zinc ions.*
- Scientific evidence has proven that the Cold-EEZE lozenges' zinc gluconate formula is a powerfully effective remedy for a cold. In double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical studies at Dartmouth College and the Cleveland Clinic, patients taking the zinc gluconate formula used in Cold-EEZE Cold Remedy recovered from their colds an average of three to four days faster than patients in the control groups. This clinical evidence of effectiveness sets Cold-EEZE lozenges apart from most other homeopathic cold remedies.*
- In a national survey of pharmacists conducted by Pharmacy Times, Cold-EEZE was the #1 pharmacist recommended zinc lozenge and #1 pharmacist recommended zinc cold remedy, with more support than all other brands of zinc cold medicine combined.
- Consumers nationwide have made Cold-EEZE the best selling zinc lozenge.
With so many common cold causes around us, we're all bound to get sick now and then. When you feel those first symptoms, start taking Cold-EEZE zinc cold medicine so you can get well sooner.
Cold-EEZE Cold Remedy. Shorten your Cold! Don't Just Treat your Symptoms.
Although the precise mechanism by which zinc ions interfere with the cold virus has not been scientifically established, several scientific studies suggest zinc ions inhibit the common cold virus' ability to replicate. For more information, click here.
1 Nikhil Patel, PharmD, RPh, "The Use of Zinc for Colds: What Pharmacists Need to Know," Pharmacy Times Continuing Education, November 15, 2011.