We’re right at the peak of cold season, so the staff at Cold-EEZE Cold Remedy thought it’d be a great idea to create this reminder of the Top 4 Health Essentials for a healthy year. There are millions of health tips and guidelines out there, and we love sharing our own with you (Check out our infographic guide to not getting sick, sick day survival kit tips and series on how to treat different cold symptoms: runny nose, coughing and sore throat — to name a few!). But ask any doctor or health professional and they will tell you that these are the four ultimate essentials that provide the basis for any healthy lifestyle. Following them may not always be easy, so we provided our favorite hacks to help you stick to it for a healthy year!
- Drink plenty of water: It’s recommended that you drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. That may sound like a lot, but water does make up a huge chunk of your body (70%)! The health benefits of drinking water every day are endless and include carrying nutrients to your cells, flushing out toxins and, of course, helping to keep you from getting sick!
- Get lots of rest: Catching some ZZZs doesn’t just replenish your body and energy for the following day, there are a lot of other health benefits that come with it too. Getting enough sleep (at least 7 to 8 hours a day) helps to prevent headaches, keep your heart healthy, improve memory, boost your immune system (keeping your cells in tip-top fighting shape) and much, much more.
- TIP You can maximize your sleep efficiency and actually wake up refreshed by using this nifty app to calculate what time you should sleep based on when you need to wake up (or the other way around), keeping you from waking up in the middle of a sleep cycle!
- Eat a healthy diet: A healthy and balanced diet works wonders on the body. That means eating at least three times a day (No more skipping breakfast!) and incorporating plenty of fruits and vegetables into your diet! Some great benefits of eating healthy include staying in shape, increasing your energy levels and being able to handle stress. Our favorite reason to eat right? It helps you fight and prevent viruses like the common cold!
- TIP One of the most effective ways we’ve seen to make sure you’re eating healthy is to ONLY have healthy food in the house, substituting what you might usually eat for healthier alternatives. Of course, this doesn’t mean it has to be boring or unsatisfying. Just check out our Pinterest board for great recipes!
- Exercise regularly: Among its many benefits, exercising can improve your overall mood, boost your energy, relieve stress, help you get better sleep and fend off diseases and viruses like the cold and flu.
- TIP One way to fit in daily exercise is to do them in small ways, like taking the stairs instead of the elevator and parking farther away from the grocery store. Another is to look at it as not a chore but something fun, choosing an activity you enjoy like dancing, swimming, hiking, roller skating, etc. If you’re short on time and motivation, you can pack an entire total body workout into a quick 7-minute exercise routine!
If somehow you manage to catch a cold anyway (because even people who live by these tips aren’t immune to the cold virus), make sure to keep Cold-EEZE Cold Remedy products on hand, which shorten the duration of a cold. Try the new Cold-EEZE Cold Remedy Plus Natural Multi-Symptom Relief Cold & Flu QuickMelts, formulated with zinc gluconate, elderberry, peppermint and licorice!
What are some of your favorite health tips?
Share with the Cold-EEZE Cold Remedy community on the Cold-EEZE Cold Remedy Facebook or Twitter pages. We want to hear from you!