How to Remedy a Cold
When you’re looking into how to remedy a cold, the amount of information can be overwhelming. A good way to narrow it down is to focus on how to remedy a cold naturally and safely, with familiar herbs or minerals that are known to be beneficial to our health. Good examples of how to remedy a cold naturally and safely include the following:
- Garlic. Garlic has powerful antiviral properties to help fight infection. Mix fresh chopped garlic into foods or brew it into a tea.
- Ginger. Ginger, in a tea or capsule, can provide cold relief by soothing your stomach and helping you rest.
- Cayenne pepper. A bit of cayenne pepper powder in a broth or tea can ease common cold symptoms such as congested sinuses and chills.
- Pomegranate. Pomegranate juice is packed with immune system boosting vitamins and antioxidants.
- Zinc gluconate. Taking a high-quality zinc gluconate cold remedy can substantially reduce the duration of your cold. Scientific theory suggests that zinc ions can interfere with the ability of the common cold virus to reproduce by inhibiting the cold virus’ ability to attach to the receptors on respiratory epithelial cells in the upper respiratory tract, and thereby reduce a cold’s duration.*
How to Remedy a Cold with Zinc Gluconate
A recent comprehensive review of years of medical research on zinc and colds concluded that taking a well-formulated zinc cold remedy can help to end a cold more quickly. On how to remedy a cold using zinc, the research made these suggestions:*
- Best results are achieved if the zinc cold remedy is taken at the first signs of a cold.
- Results may vary depending on the particular zinc formula in the remedy.
Cold-EEZE® Cold Remedy is made with a unique zinc gluconate formula that effectively releases zinc ions into the mouth of the cold sufferer. Cold-EEZE® lozenges have been clinically proven to reduce the duration of the common cold. In double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical studies, the unique zinc gluconate formula in Cold-EEZE® was found to cut the duration of patients’ colds by almost half, compared to control groups taking placebos.*
How to Remedy a Cold with Cold-EEZE® Zinc Cold Remedy
For best results when using Cold-EEZE® to treat a cold:
- Take Cold-EEZE® whenever you start to feel cold symptoms. Early response is an important part of how to remedy a cold with Cold-EEZE®.
- If you’re using our best-selling lozenges, let the lozenge dissolve completely in your mouth. Do not chew. (We also offer a convenient oral spray.)
- Follow the guidance on the package for dosage and other details on how to remedy a cold with Cold-EEZE®.
Find a store near you that carries Cold-EEZE®, or stock up on Cold-EEZE® from our online store (free shipping on all orders over $25) so you’re prepared the next time you or a loved one catches a cold.Cold-EEZE® Cold Remedy. Shorten Your Cold!
* Cleveland Clinic (1996) and Dartmouth College (1992) studies demonstrate that Cold-EEZE® lozenges shorten the duration of the common cold. For more information, click here.